Are we as learning facilitators really riding the wave of change that has finally hit the shores of learning?
I use the term learning facilitators because that is who we really are. A couple of us learning facilitators at Larks Learning brainstormed to conceptualize how does the 21st century #learning facilitator look like and decided on the following:
- Love learning
- Value each individual learner
- Be continuously learning
- Openness to new methods/ technology
- Adaptability to change
- Research orientation
- Ability to motivate learners
- Ability to diagnose learning needs and select appropriate learning goals
- Ability to research
- Ability to curate / select/ adapt / create/ customize learning material
- Ability to create a learning environment
- Ability to facilitate learning
- Ability to assess learning
- Ability to use new technology to aid learning
- Ability to evaluate new developments in the field and assess their viability to aid learning
- Ability to apply own learning to their practice
- What motivates people?
- How people learn?
- Various methodologies and technologies to aid learning
- Subject matter expertise
What do you think?
Contributed by: Lovely Kumar, Chief Projects, Larks Learning.